CHICKEN (or Turkey) MOLE
Chicken or Turkey parts, 3/4lb per serving (bone in)
Oil or lard Water or broth
1 Garlic clove per leg
Salt to taste
Mole sauce (1/4 cup per leg)
- Brown the chicken in the oil.
- Add the water and garlic, using enough water to come halfway up the side of the leg…about 1/2 cup per leg, up to about 1 cup.
- Cover the pan.
- Poach for 10-15 minutes at medium heat.
- Mash the garlic and add the mole sauce, stirring until it is smooth and creamy.
- Cook for another 10 minutes at a low heat.
- Serve with rice, tortillas, or salad, or all three.
Please go to this link to read and try Glen Synoground’s excellent Southwestern Breakfast Tortilla Bowls, pictured here .