Beans are a rich source of protein. In Zimbabwe we grow a lot of beans and we usually serve the beans with sadza or rice. There is so much that can be done with the beans and they can be eaten at any meal from breakfast to dinner. Very easy to prepare and takes a few minutes to prepare, so try this out and enjoy.
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Pepper Freshly Ground
- 1 White Onions
- 2 Tsp Royco Usavi or Bisto
- 2 Medium Red Tomatoes Finely Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Tsp Curry
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Cans Kidney Beans
- Heat the oil.
- Add onions and fry on medium heat till a bit brown.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and using a wooden spoon, keep stirring to make sure the onions and tomatoes don't stick to the pot.
- Add the curry powder and bisto, and using a wooden spoon, keep stirring to make sure the onions and tomatoes do not stick to the pot. Keep turning till the tomatoes are brown and soft.
- Drain the beans and after rinsing them with running water, add the beans to the fried tomatoes and onions.
- Add half cup of water and simmer for 10mins on medium heat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!