- 2 lbs Oxtail Cut into 1 1/2
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 White Onions Finely chopped
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 2 Large Red Tomatoes Finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Royco Usavi or Bisto
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 5 Cups Water
- Fresh Parsley (optional garnish)
- Put the oxtail in the pot, add salt, water, black pepper, garlic, and 1 onion.
- On high heat let the oxtail boil meat boil for 20 minutes, then drain the broth.
- Lower the heat to medium,
- Add the oil and curry to the oxtail and brown it.
- Add the other onion as it browns, add the tomatoes and the green pepper
- Keep turning the meat so that the tomatoes get fully cooked (make them soft) and also so as to avoid burning the meat.
- Add the broth that you drained and let it simmer for 2-3hrs on medium heat or until the oxtail is soft
- Turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with the fresh parsley if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!