These are a lovely chewy cookie that taste at their best like marzipan marshmallows.
Servings: 60 Cookies
- Egg beater
- Star shaped cookie cutter
- Cookie sheet
- 4 Egg whites Whipped to soft peaks
- 300 gr Icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 350 gr Almond or Hazelnut flour
- 1 Tbsp Kirsch or 1/2 Tbsp Lemon juice (I use ice wine)
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks
- Beat in the icing sugar
- Set aside 1/4 of the meringue for icing the cookies before baking
- Blend the cinnamon into the nut flour
- Fold the dry mixture into the meringue
- Blend in the Kirsch or Lemon juice
Forming the cookies
- Roll the dough out and cut into stars (plain stars are easier to release)
- Paint the stars with the reserved meringue
- Preheat the oven to 300º
- Bake the cookies on the bottom rack of the oven for 20 - 25 minutes - resist deciding that they should not be soft. These are best at a chewy texture.
- Use a second cookie sheet on the rack above to help keep the icing from browning
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!