A beautiful presentation for spicy baked eggs and at the end you get to eat the bowl
This is a savoury and easy to craft breakfast item with a bit of Southwestern flair… The trick is in the ‘bowl’… But it’s easy to do and fun!
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Mildly Hot Red Peppers Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Spanish Onion Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cream Half and Half
- 1 Cup Cheddar or Monteray Jack Grated
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- Black Pepper
- Bowl prep: Warm the corn tortillas and brush with corn or canola oil. Shape the tortillas into the bowl by pressing them into the shape of the bowl. Use enough oil and heat for the corn tortillas to be pliable... Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Use mixing bowl to mix eggs, cream and cheese. Mix until somewhat frothy... 1-3 mins on med should do it.
- Blend in the chopped vegetables and spice, holding the cilantro to the side.
- Pour egg mixture into each cup. Fill until 4/5's full. Top with cilantro divided among each of the cups. The eggs will rise slightly as they bake....
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until egg mixture is firm but not hard.
- Serve warm or cold with a fruit salad and perhaps a bit of sour cream on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!