My personal favourite (and foolproof) way of making hardboiled eggs was taught to me by my friend Nick Cooke, when I was 20:
* Really fresh eggs are not great for hardboiled. They don’t separate from the shell easily, but two or three day old eggs work perfectly. Something to do with air getting into the shell.
- Cold Water
- Put eggs in cold water on the stove with a lid on the pot. Make sure they are at least 2-3 days old. *
- Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Turn off and leave for 10 minutes in the hot water.
- Drain the pan and fill with COLD water.
- Peel. 🙂 Easy.