A very popular Indian dish that can serve either as a main course, or as a side dish.
Servings: 6 People
- 650 Gram Spinach Baby Spinach or Spinach bunch
- 2-3 Cups Boiling water
- 1-2 Tsps Salt ( or to taste)
- 1-2 Tbsps Gram Flour To blend spinach leaves
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic or 1 Tsp garlic paste Copped or paste
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 1 Small Tomato Chopped
- 2 Green Chillies Finely Chopped
- 1-2 Tsps Garam Masala (Indian Spice) Powder
- 2 Tbsps Canola Oil
- 200 Grams Paneer Cut in small cubes. Use dry curd cottage cheese if paneer can’t be found.
- 2 Inches Fresh Ginger Root Chopped or grated
- Wash the spinach leaves, and strain them in a strainer
- Bring the water to boil, and add the leaves, and salt to it.
- Pressure cook them for 15 minutes, or if using a simple pan, cook for 30 minutes
- Let the steam settle, then blend the boiled leaves with a hand blender while adding Gram Flour to it in small amounts. Gram flour helps to bring a smoother texture to the puree.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and add chopped garlic to it.
- Saute continuously until it turns light brown. Now add chopped onions, and follow the same procedure.
- Add chopped tomatoes, ginger, and green chillies to it, salute it until everything mixes well together.
- Add this paste to the pureed spinach, and add the cubed cheese pieces to it.
- Let everything cook together for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with some grated cheese, and serve with Nan Bread or Chapatis.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!