Recipe and photos by GaddAboutEating.
This is a fun recipe because you can modify it to use ingredients that are currently in your garden (or fridge, or pantry) and it uses a bottle of Pickled Beets and Shallots as featured in this recipe. Or you can use other pickled beets you have as the base.
The thing I loved about this version of the recipe was that it included not only the pickled beets and shallots, but also the beet greens and shallot greens that were fresh in my garden. I was tempted to call this ‘Beet Beet Shallot Shallot Salad’ but thought it was a bit heavy handed. This from someone who LOVES to repeat herself! 😉
- 1 500 mL jar pickled-beets-and-shallots-by-gaddabouteating From this recipe: http://wp.me/p4cxB9-2lz
- 10 leaves Beet greens chopped
- 10 leaves Butter Lettuce chopped
- 1 large shallot top (greens) sliced
- 10 grapes
- 1 large Tomato chopped
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Oil avocado or olive or grapeseed
- 1 tsp pickle juice
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Pepper
- 2 large strawberries sliced
- 2 inches cream cheese or goat cheese crumbled
- Drain a 500 mL jar of Pickled Beets and Shallots from this recipe by GaddAboutEating ( http://wp.me/p4cxB9-2lz )
- Put aside pickle juice for this and other uses.
- Cut up ingredients into medium salad bowl.
- Add oil, pickle juice, cheese, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper.
- Toss and serve.