Spicy and filling, this is a hearty and colourful meal that will please both the tummy and the eyes
- 12 Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp Plain Yogurt
- 2 Tsp Tandoori Masala
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Parsley Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Gram Flour (aka Chickpea flour or Besan)
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Cut in 1
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Cut in 1
- 1 Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper Cut in 1
- 1 Large Tomato Cut in 1
- 2 Large Spanish Onion Sliced
- 6-7 Garlic Cloves Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Fresh Ginger Root Grated or as paste
- 2 Hot Green Chilies Minced
- 3-4 Tbsp Oil (or Ghee if you have it)
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Fresh Cilantro Chopped for garnish
- Clean chicken under warm water and cut it into small pieces.
- Mix yogurt, gram flour, Tandoori Masala, parsley leave flakes, lemon juice, 2 tsp of oil and half of ginger and garlic paste into a separate bowl.
- Marinate the chicken pieces into that mix and leave it in the fridge for half an hour,
- Add 1 tbsp (or little more as desired) oil into a pan, and cook chopped garlic until fragrant, add sliced onions and cook until light brown.
- Add sweet chilli sauce, soya sauce, green chillies, and some ginger and garlic paste.
- Add turmeric powder, and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped peppers, and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, and let everything cook for another 2-3 minutes to get desired tenderness.
- On the other hand, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a separate pan, and cook all the chicken pieces in it, putting few pieces at a time.
- Once cooked, put them on a paper towel to let the extra oil drain out, and add them to rest of the vegetables.
- Add salt to taste.
- Let everything cook together for about 5 minutes, and add garam masala in the end.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro(coriander) leaves and serve with Nan bread or rice (ideally, Basmati rice).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Butter Chicken with Whole Seed Spices
Voiceover by Lew Williams. Delicious Butter Chicken with whole seed...Read More
Gulab Jamun (Skim Milk Balls) in Maple Syrup
Gulab Jamun (Skim Milk Balls) in Maple Syrup. A traditional...Read More
Palak Paneer (Spinach with Indian Style Cheese)
A very popular Indian dish that can serve either as...Read More