- 12 Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp Plain Yogurt
- 2 Tsp Tandoori Masala
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Parsley Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Gram Flour (aka Chickpea flour or Besan)
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Cut in 1
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Cut in 1
- 1 Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper Cut in 1
- 1 Large Tomato Cut in 1
- 2 Large Spanish Onion Sliced
- 6-7 Garlic Cloves Coarsely Chopped
- 1 Fresh Ginger Root Grated or as paste
- 2 Hot Green Chilies Minced
- 3-4 Tbsp Oil (or Ghee if you have it)
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Fresh Cilantro Chopped for garnish
- Clean chicken under warm water and cut it into small pieces.
- Mix yogurt, gram flour, Tandoori Masala, parsley leave flakes, lemon juice, 2 tsp of oil and half of ginger and garlic paste into a separate bowl.
- Marinate the chicken pieces into that mix and leave it in the fridge for half an hour,
- Add 1 tbsp (or little more as desired) oil into a pan, and cook chopped garlic until fragrant, add sliced onions and cook until light brown.
- Add sweet chilli sauce, soya sauce, green chillies, and some ginger and garlic paste.
- Add turmeric powder, and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped peppers, and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, and let everything cook for another 2-3 minutes to get desired tenderness.
- On the other hand, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a separate pan, and cook all the chicken pieces in it, putting few pieces at a time.
- Once cooked, put them on a paper towel to let the extra oil drain out, and add them to rest of the vegetables.
- Add salt to taste.
- Let everything cook together for about 5 minutes, and add garam masala in the end.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro(coriander) leaves and serve with Nan bread or rice (ideally, Basmati rice).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!