Perfectly light and tasty cheesecake especially when coupled with this simple Graham Cracker Crust recipe.
It’s also a great recipe to mess with and try different variations. If you are avoiding sugar: use honey. The general rule for honey/sugar substitution is replace by the same amount of honey if it is under a cup of sugar. (If the recipe calls for more than 1c sugar, then substitute 2/3rds to 3/4s of a cup of honey beyond the first cup). Remember: honey is sweeter and contains more moisture than sugar. The flavour and colour of the honey can have an interesting impact on the results. Honey also contains some great antioxidants.
Or you could replace the eggs with an egg substitute. Don’t feel like lemon? Use orange! Avoiding flour? Replace with a gluten free substitute. The flour is to help bind the cheesecake but it’s not as important an ingredient as it would be in a bread, so you can easily substitute it out.
- 11 ounces Goat Cheese mild and fresh – softened
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1 Lemon zested
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 large Eggs separated
- 3 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare a springform pan with a Graham Cracker Crust (see link above ingredients).
- In a medium bowl blend together the goat cheese with the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla; until smooth.
- Beat in the egg yolks – 2 at a time – incorporating them completely before adding remaining yolks; 2 at a time.
- Beat in flour at low speed.
- In another bowl, using clean beaters, beat the egg whites until firm but not dry. Beat a third of the whites into the goal mixture, then gently fold in the remaining whites.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for about 40 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.