Delicious and warming on a cold day, and equally delicious in the summer heat.
Servings: 6 people
- 4 cups or cans Chick Peas
- 3 Large Onions Chopped
- 5 Cloves Garlic or 1 Tsp garlic paste Chopped (if cloves)
- 1 large piece Fresh Ginger Root or 1 Tsp ginger paste
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seed
- 2 Pieces Teabags
- 2 Tsps Channa Masala (Chick Pea Masala), and Garam Masala India Spice, available at Indian Grocery stores or Isles
- 2 Tsps Fresh Cilantro Leaves Chopped
- 2 Tbsps Mustard Oil or any cooking oil
- 2 Tsps Salt
- 3 pieces Black Cardamoms seeds crushed
- 2 Red Tomatoes
- 2 Green Chillies
- Soak the chick peas in water and little bit of salt over night. Wash them nicely under water in the morning.
- Add fresh water, and teabags, then boil them in a pressure cooker for 20-25minutes. If you are using cans, chick peas should be ready to use, just wash them under water.
- On the side start preparing the curry base
- Add oil to a pan, and cook all the dry spices, including cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and black cardamom
- Cook Garlic until brown, then Onions until brown as well
- Add ginger, tomatoes, and green chilies and cook the nicely for another 10 minutes
- Once the base is ready, let it cool down for a bit, and blend it in a blender
- Add the blended base into the boiled chick peas, and let them boil together for 10-15 minutes
- Cook some chopped onions to garnish on the top
- Add them on the top once the curry is ready, and add the click pea masala and garam masala in the end
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!