There’s nothing like spicy food to cut through the fog of grumble-nothing-tastes-good-today.
Here’s a nice hearty, spicy, and warming soup to thin the blood, make you sweat just a bit and make you feel so much better! This is the first of several spicy rich recipes to help us through the cold…and the colds.
Thanks to Margaret Turney for this one!
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 oz dried shiitake mushrooms chopped (optional)
- 10 oz can of sliced bamboo shoots drained
- (or hearts of palm water chestnuts, etc. ~ i like fresh bean sprouts)
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp hot Thai chili-garlic sauce
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 4 Chicken Thighs Skin and bones removed, cut into strips
- sliced into bite-sized pieces.
- 1 small pkg. of rice noodles optional
- cup ½coarsely chopped cilantro
- Pour broth and coconut milk into a large sauce pan.
- Add the mushrooms, bamboo shoots, fish and chili sauces.
- Grate the peel from the lime into the soup, and add the juice of the lime to the soup.
- Bring the soup to the boil. Add the chicken (and optional noodles) to the soup, simmering until the chicken is cooked, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro
- Serve in soup bowls with crusty bread and a green salad on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Enoteca Sociale Rosemary Focaccia This Focaccia recipe comes courtesy of Enoteca...Read More
Palak Paneer (Spinach with Indian Style Cheese)
A very popular Indian dish that can serve either as...Read More
Butter Chicken with Whole Seed Spices
Voiceover by Lew Williams. Delicious Butter Chicken with whole seed...Read More