Stage One Ingredients
- 1 Lb Red Beans
- 1 Lb Turtle Beans
- 1 Lb Pink Beans
- 2 Cloves Garlic Peeled
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 2 Dried Chilies
- Salt To taste
Stage Two & Three Ingredients
- 2 Sprigs Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Bundle Coriander Finely Chopped
- 1 Bulb Garlic Peeled and Minced
- 1-2 Large Vidalia Onion Chopped
- 3-4 Fresh Chilies Various types, choose from: Banana, Habanero, Scotch Bonnet, Jalapeno and Mulatos
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds Crushed
- 2 26oz Tinned Whole Tomatoes Roughly chopped (put a knife into the jar and stir it a bit)
- Assemble all of the first ingredient group in a roasting pan, cover and cook overnight.
- Heat a heavy large frying pan with half the oil.
- Cook half of the onion, peppers and garlic with the cumin, until the onions and garlic are fragrant.
- Add this mixture to the beans along with half of the tomatoes, cover, and cook for 4-6 hours.
- One hour before serving the chili, put the second half of the oil, onion, peppers and garlic.into a large frying pan and again, cook until they are fragrant.
- Add this mixture to the chili with the rest of the tomatoes.
- Cover and cook for the final hour.
- Serve, or cool and freeze in small portions for later use.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Pingback: Yield of a bushel of tomatoes – eatinscanada.com
Pingback: Tomatoes, 21 varieties from 2022 – eatinscanada.com
Pingback: Lisa Shamai’s Corny Cornbread – eatinscanada.com