A basic and easy to make Pilaf to go with Mexican dishes.
- 1 1/2 Cups Rice (Converted, brown, or white)
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion Finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Cup Salsa
- Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Saute the onion until soft, then add the garlic and cook until just fragrant (don't go too far, or the garlic will become brownish and bitter.
- Add the dry rice and coat with the oil, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the salsa and stir into all the ingredients, mixing well. You can use a commercial salsa, or this recipe. https://eatinscanada.com/recipe/salsa/
- Add the water and salt, then cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Pingback: Lisa Shamai’s Corny Cornbread – eatinscanada.com