A lovely dish, full of comfort and warmth. My father used to say that fish was ‘brain food’. This is ‘brain food’ that the stomach will also love.
Great when it’s hot out of the oven, and this recipe can also be fully cooked, then frozen. Thaw on countertop and then reheat to warm through. This dish is always enjoyable.
- 1-1/2 lbs fish fillets cooked
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/8 tsp Pepper white
- 1 small Onion grated
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard powder
- Flake fish (and cook if not already cooked).
- Make white sauce with butter, flour, salt, pepper and milk. Stir until thickened. Add onion and dry mustard.
- Arrange fish in bottom of dish or in individual servings.
- Cover fish with cream sauce and top with grated cheese.
- Place casserole(s) in shallow pan of water and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!