This salad was inspired by one that I first tasted at Enoteca Sociale, and would be excellent with their Rosemary Focaccia recipe.
- 1 Head Butter Lettuce
- 1 Small Head Radicchio
- 2 Tsp Walnut Oil
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Fleur de Sel
- 20 Whole Pecans or Walnuts
- 2 Tangelos
- Wash the Lettuce and Radiccio, and put in the salad bowl, but do not tear the leaves.
- Mix the olive and walnut oils together in a separate container.
- Juice one of the Tangelos and remove the remaining fruit, chopping it and setting aside in a small dish.
- Peel and slice the second Tangelo.
- Melt butter with Fleur de Sel and Sugar and add Walnuts, tossing them until they are toasted and coated with the caramel.
- Add a tablespoon of the juice and simmer the Walnuts for a moment before removing to a plate.
- Add the chopped Tangelo to the caramel/juice in the pan and caramelize the chopped bits.
- Remove the chopped candied Tangelo to a bowl.
- Pour in the rest of the juice and cook off the caramel, then pour this into the cup holding the candied chopped Tangelo
- Put the remaining slices of Tangelo into the hot pan while dressing the Lettuce/Radiccio with the oil mixture.
- Pour the juice with the chopped and caramelized Tangelo onto the Lettuce/Radiccio and toss gently until fully coated.
- Arrange 2/3 of the hot Tangelo slices on a plate. and arrange the Lettuce/Radiccio on top of that with the slices showing.
- Distribute the caramelized Pecans and remaining Orange Slices across the salad and serve.
- VARIATION: Use hazelnuts and hazelnut oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Enoteca Sociale Rosemary Focaccia
This Focaccia recipe comes courtesy of Enoteca Sociale, which is reviewed here.Read More
Sunflower Bread from Deaf Smith
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website”...Read More
Phyllis’ Bread from Deaf Smith Cookbook
A great recipe from an outstanding book Photos by Gayle...Read More
Warm Bread for Cold Days: Purity Flour Cookbook White Bread
There is nothing better than a fresh slice of bread...Read More
November – Eatin’s Canada
Roasted Vegetables and Polenta Soup November at Eatin’s Canada November...Read More
Pingback: Greek Style Pan Pizza Dough – eatinscanada.com
Pingback: French Onion Soup – eatinscanada.com
Pingback: Shrimp vs Prawns vs Crawfish vs Lobster: Which to use? – eatinscanada.com