Servings: 8 bowls
- 2 Chicken Breasts chopped
- 8 cups Chicken Broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 medium Zucchini chopped
- 1 19 oz can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups Corn frozen or tinned
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup Salsa chunky (mild to hot, to taste)
- Tortilla Chips
- Cheese grated
- Lime wedges, as garnish
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves (optional)
- Fresh Green Onion chopped
- Add chopped chicken and broth to a large saucepan. Bring to boil and reduce to medium heat.
- Add zucchini, black beans, corn, garlic, and cumin. Let simmer for 20 minutes. Add salsa and stir. Cover and reduce to low until serving.
- At serving, top bowl of soup with tortilla chips and grated cheese (optional). Serve with a wedge of lime.
- Suggested condiments for optional dressing of soup include: hot sauce, green onions and cilantro leaves.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!