Servings: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup Flour all-purpose
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts boneless & skinless
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 Carrots cut in 1/2 in diagonal slices
- 4 parsnips diced
- 2 stalks Celery cut in 1/4 in slices
- 2 Onions chopped
- 2 Apples diced
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp mace
- pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup milk or light cream
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Cube chicken, shake in plastic bag with most of the flour to coat. Reserve remaining flour.
- In large saucepan or kettle, heat oil over medium heat; brown chicken evenly on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Remove any dark brown bits from pan with paper towel.
- To oil remaining in pan add carrots, parsnips, onions, celery, apples, curry powder, mace, and cayenne; cook stirring over medium-high heat until coated with oil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook stirring often for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with reserved flour; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in stock.
- Return chicken to soup. *(Soup can be prepared ahead to this point and covered and refrigerated overnight).
- Stir milk into hot soup and season with salt&pepper to taste. Heat gently over low heat but do not boil.
- Place large spoonful of rice in each soup bowl; ladle soup over.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Enoteca Sociale Rosemary Focaccia
This Focaccia recipe comes courtesy of Enoteca Sociale, which is reviewed here.Read More
Sunflower Bread from Deaf Smith
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website”...Read More
Phyllis’ Bread from Deaf Smith Cookbook
A great recipe from an outstanding book Photos by Gayle...Read More
Warm Bread for Cold Days: Purity Flour Cookbook White Bread
There is nothing better than a fresh slice of bread...Read More
November – Eatin’s Canada
Roasted Vegetables and Polenta Soup November at Eatin’s Canada November...Read More
Pingback: Margaret’s Coconut Curry Soup – eatinscanada.com